Friday, April 10, 2015

Fairy Tales of the World: ITAKA Foundation: Happily ever after



ITAKA Foundation: Happily ever after
Sometimes it is easier to draw something than to name your emotions. 
Learn more about child depression, enter www.stopdepresji.pl 
Help your child to find themselves before they get lost.

Another serious issue with a fairy tale used as the vehicle for the message. Effectively done. Kudos. And so often I wonder if the Fairy Tales of the World feature on the blog is too heavy for a Friday morning. But these are important issues that don't get the weekend off either.

Campaign info from Ads of the World:

Advertising Agency: AS AP, Warsaw, Poland
Art Directors: Ania Pisarska, Tobiasz Cechowicz
Copywriters: Asia Leszczyńska, Adam Sierociński
Illustrator: Antoni Serkowski
Published: June 2013

2 comments:

  1. Wow - this is brilliant. And timely. (Heck the weekend is when a lot of parents are home for the longest and the time of the week a lot of kids look forward to least.) It also is very valid with regard to the current conversation about Cinderella. I know this is created for the ad agency but I kind of want to applaud whomever gave that kid a crayon and let them draw on the page. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, this post really hit home for me. Shared it on Facebook. LOVE your posts. I wrote this:

    "Do you know how hard it is to be found after you are lost? How hard it is to create art, to live with chronic depression, anxiety, PTSD? I deal with it every day.

    IF ONLY my parents or schools or ppl helped me as a child, as a teen, as an adult. IF only there were indeed ways we could help each other OTHER THAN MERELY LIKING MY PHOTOS. IF ONLY."

    I'm running some campaigns to raise money for my early punk rock photos. People LOVE them, steal them, use them. Like them. But when it comes time when I need financial help, I have to beg.

    I am working on other projects. But I feel like taking a crayon to so many photos. Then people would be sad. But not as sad as I. Like Cinderella unhappy with her prince from "Into the Woods."

    My fave musical, but prefer the original Broadway recording and story lines. Been listening to it for what, 20 yrs? No one is alone, but can feel like that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete