Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Book: Goldy Luck and the Three Pandas


(US / UK Links)

Goldy Luck and the Three Pandas by Natasha Yim (Author), Grace Zong (Illustrator) was released earlier this month in the US, one of the first fairy tale books of 2014 actually. The Goldy Luck and the Three Pandas (UK Edition) will be released in February.

Book description:

In this Chinese American retelling of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," a careless Goldy Luck wreaks havoc on the home of a family of panda bears. She eats up the littlest panda’s rice porridge, breaks his rocking chair, and rumples all the blankets on his futon. When Goldy takes responsibility for her actions, she makes a new friend (and a whole plate of turnip cakes!) just in time for Chinese New Year.
I have several images from the book borrowed from a post by Jules at Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast. (Jules is a fellow Tennessean--even lives in the same city as me. Waves!) Jules has more about the art and more images to see in her post. I really wanted more Panda images to preview since I have an affection for pandas--and now I need to see if there are other Goldilocks with pandas--seems there is another, but I can't think of it this morning. Or I may be wrong and this could be the first one published and I've only seen unpublished work.





No comments:

Post a Comment