Saturday, October 5, 2013

Today Only: A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz for $2.99



A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz is discounted to $2.99 in ebook format today only as Kindle Daily Deal on Amazon. If you haven't read this one yet, please read it. It's so very fun. I have fond memories of reading it aloud with my niece. Well, at least the first half because she couldn't wait to finish it with me. I thought I had it in ebook already, but no, I only had a hardcover copy, but now I own both.

And I know exactly why this is inexpensive today. It's because Gidwitz's third book, The Grimm Conclusion, will be released on Tuesday. Yippee! In a Glass Grimmly, the second book, is currently $5.99, not quite bargain book status, but a nice price all the same.

Book description for A Tale Dark and Grimm:

Hansel and Gretel walk out of their own story and into eight other classic Grimm (and Grimm-inspired) fairy tales. An irreverent, witty narrator leads us through encounters with witches, warlocks, dragons, and the devil himself. As the siblings roam a forest brimming with menacing foes, they learn the true story behind the famous tales, as well as how to take charge of their destinies and create their own happily ever after. Because once upon a time, fairy tales were awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I've read the first and I'm halfway through reading the second. They are truly magnificent books. Highly recommend them to both young and old. Gidwitz doesn't pull any punches. He tells his tales with all the beautiful and harrowing language of the original fairytales (before they were sanitized by Hollywood), and he tells them with emotion and breathtaking suspense. I absolutely cannot wait until Tuesday when the next Grimm book is released. I hope Gidwitz goes on telling fairytales for years and years to come.

    ReplyDelete