Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Upcoming Fairy Tale Fiction


 

Last week I got to spend a few hours researching more upcoming fairy tale titles--yes, most of these are still listed through hard research on my part, not notifications!--and realized I reached the maximum on the Amazon Listmania lists, a tool I use to create the book widgets on the blog and site.

 In other words, there are at least 55 new releases in fiction this year. I created two lists for fiction alone and will keep adding to them as I discover more. I've created slideshow widgets here, but here are also direct links to the lists: Fairy Tale Influenced Fiction 2013 Part 1 and Fairy Tale Influenced Fiction 2013 Part 2. There are also lists for picture books and nonfiction but I'll address those in separate posts later. I've also started to get a headstart on 2014 releases!

Biggest upcoming trend? Snow Queen thanks to Disney's Frozen. While that should not be surprising, it wasn't the trend for Tangled/Rapunzel or Frog Prince when those movies were released. Some marketing people are finally paying attention.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for putting these lists together. I use your Listmanias all of the time.

    ReplyDelete