Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Book: The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy



The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle by Christopher Healy was released last week for his happy fans.

I had preordered the book for my niece Leighton, who adored the first one, The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes). I gave her a Kindle a few months ago so we can share an account despite living 350 miles away from me. She gets one new release a month and this was her pick for April. Never fear, she has LOTS to read with the other titles I have accumulated over the years, too, and the bargains I pick up regularly. So I didn't get to witness the giggle-o-meter while she read it, but it was certainly high while she read the first one during her Christmas visit. To be clear, Leighton is not much a giggler and her usual favorites are high fantasy or Sherlock Holmes, although Ruby Redfort Look Into My Eyes was another hit for her in April and Ruby Redfort Take Your Last Breath is her May book pick.

Her review for The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle, received by email, a few days after the book's release:

Yes, I have!!! I'm so sad I finished it. It was really good, but a little hard to follow with all the characters and plot. 5 Stars!!!!

Book description:

Prince Liam, Prince Frederic, Prince Duncan, and Prince Gustav, the charming princes from the fairy tales of Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White, and Briar Rose, saved the countryside from an evil witch in The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom. And now, they have to save the day again, by keeping a magical object from falling into the hands of power-mad warlords who would use it for evil.

The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle is the second in Christopher Healy’s funny and action-packed middle-grade series, the perfect pick for kids who love the Shrek movies and readers who like their fantasy adventures with a heaping helping of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment