Friday, March 8, 2013

Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing Trailer!




Okay, almost completely off topic but I am so very EXCITED about this one. Of course, I do have that English degree which means I've read and watched my fair share of Shakespeare. And I am a nerd whose record for most viewings of a movie in a theatre still belongs to Kenneth Branagh's Much Ado About Nothing [Blu-ray]. Eight times in the summer of 1993 in a little out of the way theatre in Nashville, so it was a jaunt and a challenge to find friends willing to come along. I bought a lot of tickets to that movie. It was the perfect movie for me that year despite its flaws.


And I've barely watched it since. I might have to queue it up soon. I wonder how much of it I still have memorized 20 years later. This was the only Shakespeare play I had read in high school without the assistance of a film version and it had eluded me then. When it finally came to life on screen for me five years later, I adored it. Shakespeare should always be watched first, never read first, IMHO. Especially by modern school kids. Watched, read, and then watched again. Cause you lose them otherwise.

Anyway, I will be seeing Whedon's version as soon as it becomes available here in Nashville. John the husband rejoices since getting me to a movie theatre these days is NOT easy. And he loves Whedon's work, too. I infinitely prefer waiting a few more months to watch it at home on DVD or whatever else. But Shakespeare through Whedon's eye should get me there without much complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment