Friday, December 7, 2012

Heidi's Wishlist: Castle Night-Time Shadows



Castle Night-Time Shadows by Moulin Roty is on my wishlist. I would say for this year, but pretty much no one even tries to buy me fairy tale related stuff anymore. It's too intimidating. But that just means I buy for myself after the holidays. Not everything on my wishlist, alas, but a few treats.

Here in my hometown the Nashville Public Library performs several wonderful fairy tales in their downtown theatre. Cinderella has been resurrected this year--I saw it in 2009 and wrote an article which wasn't picked up--but part of the performance then (and I imagine now) includes shadow puppets. It was one of my favorite parts.

And these also hearken back to Lotte Reiniger. Love her work!


The Art of Lotte Reiniger (1953-1971) by baraqueafritz

No comments:

Post a Comment