Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nashville's Southern Festival of Books 2012


I know where I'll be on Oct. 12-14! I'll be at the Southern Festival of Books here in Nashville. I'm not presenting this year--perhaps again next year!--but that means I can simply relax and enjoy the other sessions.

And this is just a short list of the children's authors--admittedly where I hang out the most. The fairy tale savvy will be happy with this short list which includes E. D. Baker, Catherynne Valente (recent Hugo winner!) and JUDITH VIORST. Yes, I adore her Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, to be sure, but I also love her fairy tale poetry and other works. And don't miss Katherine Paterson on the list, too, a Newbery winner and for SurLaLune readers, I can highlight her The King's Equal (Trophy Chapter Books) and folklore related picture books.


As someone who has been attending for decades and presented last year, I can highly recommend the festival as well organized and very much worth the price--free!

1 comment: