Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bargain Ebook: How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalesier



How to Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalesier has been on my watch list for a while and it has been discounted to $1.99 in ebook format through August 23rd. I've not read it but whenever I see the title, I always ponder what kind of fairy I would like to have and the one I'd probably get stuck with. I'd want a book fairy--the next book I find to read would always perfectly fit my mood and taste of the moment.

Book description:

If you lived in a world where everyone had a personal fairy, what kind would you want?

A clothes-shopping fairy (The perfect outfit will always be on sale!)

A loose-change fairy (Pretty self-explanatory.)

A never-getting-caught fairy (You can get away with anything. . . .)

Unfortunately for Charlie, she’s stuck with a parking fairy-if she’s in the car, the driver will find the perfect parking spot. Tired of being treated like a personal parking pass, Charlie devises a plan to ditch her fairy for a more useful model. At first, teaming up with her archenemy (who has an all-the-boys-like-you fairy) seems like a good idea. But Charlie soon learns there are consequences for messing with fairies-and she will have to resort to extraordinary measures to set things right again.

1 comment:

  1. I have just discovered your blog and website (when I googled 'Ostheimer Little Red Riding Hood') - and I love it!

    I am very fond of fairytales - although learning as I go, it's kind of a new hobby. I mean obviously I read (was read to) some when I was little - but the whole thing has started to fascinate me as an adult now after I read Possession a couple of months ago, and then went on to but Angela Carter's fairy tale collection. Plus I used to be a children's bookseller, so obviously fairytales were a big part of my life then.

    I sell toys for a living and really want to develop my 'fairy tale' toy section - hence googling Ostheimer etc. I do stock some already and made up my own little picture version of Little Red Riding Hood - you can see it here if you are interested, http://blog.cottontailsbaby.co.uk/2012/06/little-red-riding-hood-ostheimer-wooden.html

    Also I have just ordered the lovely Ostheimer Goose Girl mobile and needed to read the story so read your version on the website - wonderful.

    I have all sorts of ideas for my website and developing the fairy tale thing... For example have you seen the lovely Moulin Roty 'Il etait une fois' range - I have just a few at the moment but they are launching more this year and I am definitely going to order them all. I'd love to hear what you think. http://www.cottontailsbaby.co.uk/brands/moulin-roty-fairytale-toys

    Anyway, good to 'meet' you.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete