Thursday, March 22, 2012

Music Month: Suddenly (It Happens to You) from Slipper and the Rose



Yes, it was time to pull up a song from The Slipper and the Rose (1976 Film Soundtrack). Since, listening to "Suddenly (It Happens to You)" works as a Cinderella song, I chose it although it isn't one of my favorites. If you're a fan, enjoy! If not, well, it may be too late if you aren't under age 10. I admit it. But I first saw it at that age so I adore!

Here's a clip. The ability to work around the special effects was fun in its time.



Okay, and while we are here, this is my favorite song from the musical:



And second place:

4 comments:

  1. I adore this musical. I'm so heartbroken the lyrics writer, Robert Sherman, died just two weeks ago. He was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, memories! Still trying to get a widescreen copy of the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I'm so glad you included it! I keep trying to tell people about Slipper and the Rose and no one knows what I am talking about. It was a staple of my childhood. I'm planning on reviewing it later on my blog to hopefully spread the love.

    http://darkforestfairytales.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sisters and I used to watch this together and act out scenes for my mom. They were so jealous when I was the first one to buy it on DVD. It beat our recorded-from-TV copy on tape for sure!

    ReplyDelete